JOB POSTING #1777-22
Relief Child and Youth Workers
North Bay, ON
HOURS OF WORK:
Casual relief, shift work; contract ending September 30, 2023, with possibility of extension
This position’s flexibility in scheduling and shift can be early morning, days, evenings, weekends, and overnights at our 24 hour/7days a week/365 days per year operation.
Minimum $22.60 to maximum $28.23 per hour, plus 4% in lieu of vacation entitlement
Salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the positions have been filled.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an organization working to create a better day today and tomorrow for our clients, families, and communities. We are dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth and adults with mental health concerns or a developmental disability, by providing them with help and support in facing and working through social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and developmental difficulties.
Our professional team helps more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, Timmins, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide quality clinical, navigation and professional support in the areas of autism, behavioural, developmental, mental health, and rehabilitative services.
The Child and Youth Worker (CYW) implements treatment plan recommendations by providing direct mental health services to clients engaged in Live-in Treatment Services (LITS). Support may be provided to a client, their family, and caregivers before, during and following live-in treatment, and in a variety of environments, including home, school, and community settings. Following evidence-based clinical principles, the CYW team are active participants in creating a stable environment for youth and a safe and healthy environment for clients, colleagues, and community. They are responsible for supporting general home/site management, including housekeeping, grocery acquisition, meal planning and preparation. The CYW team provides 24/7 crisis support and risk assessments, contributes to meeting ongoing licensing and other legal requirements and demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
· Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Recreation Therapy, Community and Justice Services, or Addiction and Mental Health diploma
· One (1) year direct or two (2) years related work experience
· Knowledge and experience working with children/adolescents and their mental health issues
· Knowledge and experience with child management techniques
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work within a team
· Outdoors and recreation experience an asset
· Current First Aid and CPR Certificates considered an asset
· Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training would be considered an asset
· Excellent computer skills and proficiency in a variety of software packages
· Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
· Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
· Successful applicants will be required to provide:
o Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
o A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
o Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1777-22, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3