JOB POSTING #1726-22
Relief Child and Youth Workers
North Bay, ON
HOURS OF WORK:
Casual Relief, shift work; contract ending September 30, 2022, with possibility of extension
This position’s flexibility in scheduling and shift can be early morning, days, evenings, weekends, and overnights at our 24 hour/7days a week/365 days per year operation.
Minimum $22.60 to maximum $28.23 per hour, plus 4% in lieu of vacation entitlement
Salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the positions have been filled.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an organization working to create a better day today and tomorrow for our clients, families, and communities. We are dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth and adults with mental health concerns or a developmental disability, by providing them with help and support in facing and working through social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and developmental difficulties.
Our professional team helps more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, Timmins, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide quality clinical, navigation and professional support in the areas of autism, behavioural, developmental, mental health, and rehabilitative services.
The Child and Youth Worker (CYW) implements Treatment Plan recommendations by providing direct mental health services to clients engaged in live-in treatment services. Support may be provided to a client and their family before, during and following live-in treatment, based on site requirements, and in a variety of environments, including home, school, and community settings. The CYW team provides a stable environment to help youth learn natural and logical consequences and build healthy relationships. They are active participants in creating a safe and healthy environment for clients, colleagues, and community. They are responsible for supporting general home management, including housekeeping, grocery acquisition, meal planning and preparation.
· Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Recreation Therapy, Community and Justice Services, or Addiction and Mental Health diploma
· One (1) year direct or two (2) years related work experience
· Knowledge and experience working with children/adolescents and their mental health issues
· Knowledge and experience with child management techniques
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work within a team
· Outdoors and recreation experience an asset
· Current First Aid and CPR Certificates considered an asset
· Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training would be considered an asset
· Excellent computer skills and proficiency in a variety of software packages
· Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, clients and their families, visitors, and volunteers
· Contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for all in the organization
· Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
· Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
· A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
· Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1726-22, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3