JOB POSTING #1750-22
Social Worker – Child and Youth Mental Health Services
HOURS OF WORK:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
North Bay, ON
Minimum $29.68 to Maximum $37.19 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an organization working to create a better day today and tomorrow for our clients, families, and communities. We are dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth and adults with mental health concerns or a developmental disability, by providing them with help and support in facing and working through social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and developmental difficulties.
Our professional team helps more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, Timmins, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide quality clinical, navigation and professional support in the areas of autism, behavioural, developmental, mental health, and rehabilitative services.
The Social Worker, CYMH is responsible for coordinating services and supports to ensure clients with complex mental health needs are best supported through CYMH services; linking to coordinated service planning systems and community partners as required.
· Bachelor of Social Work
· Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
· Minimum three (3) years direct experience working with families, including those with children with complex special needs
· Extensive knowledge of services and resources in the community
· Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, and resourceful
· Advanced critical analysis, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; time management and effective prioritization required; solid judgment and good decision-making skills
· Proven ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
· Action and solution-oriented individual, who is self-motivated and demonstrates high accountability and a commitment to achieving results
· Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in various software packages
· Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
· Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
· Successful applicants will be required to provide:
o proof of eligibility to work in Canada
o a valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
o clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1750-22, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3