JOB POSTING #1757-22-2
HOURS OF WORK:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
North Bay, ON
Minimum $25.99 to maximum $32.89 per hour
Salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is working to create a better day today and tomorrow for our clients, families, and communities. We are dedicated to improving the life experiences of families, children, youth and adults with mental health concerns or a developmental disability, by providing them with help and support in facing and working through social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and developmental difficulties.
Our professional team helps more than 11,000 individuals in North Bay, Nipissing, Muskoka, Parry Sound, Timmins, and Northern Ontario each year. We provide quality clinical, navigation and professional support in the areas of autism, behavioural, developmental, mental health, and rehabilitative services.
The Recreation Therapist (RT) supports client well-being through the use and/or enhancement of leisure and free time engagements. The RT works in a team environment to assess, support, and monitor Child and Youth Mental Health (CYMH) clients on the waitlist, engaging in outpatient therapy, intensive services, and/or in live-in treatment. The RT supports clients to improve and maintain their skills and functional leisure abilities in the areas of physical, cognitive, emotional and social functioning. The RT will provide assessments, contribute to treatment plans, and deliver one-to-one and group recreation therapy sessions. The RT will work in a variety of environments, including home, school, virtual, live-in treatment and community settings. The RT will consult and liaise with CYMH staff, community service providers, and families to support the transitions of a young person into or out of service and to ensure services meet the needs of the client.
· Must hold a degree in Therapeutic Recreation or an undergraduate degree with a diploma or post-graduate certificate in Therapeutic Recreation
· 2 – 3 years experience working with children and youth, preferably in a mental health setting
· Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) is required for the role, candidate must already hold the credential or be eligible for the exam
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health team required
· Knowledge and experience with program development, assessment, and process and outcome evaluation is preferred
· Knowledge and experience in crisis intervention
· Therapeutic Crisis Intervention with physical restraint, First Aid/ CPR, Safe Food Handling and Preparation Certification (Agency provided)
· Knowledge and experience leading individual and group recreation therapy
· Excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as analytical and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
· Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
· Successful applicants will be required to provide:
o proof of eligibility to work in Canada
o a valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
o clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
· Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1757-22-2 to:
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3