Opportunity For Meaningful Part-Time Work – Make phone calls for ACORN Canada!
The Ottawa ACORN office of ACORN Canada is looking to hire a phone banker to provide support for campaigning in the National Capital Region. Afternoon and evening hours. Room for organizational advancement.
Call existing ACORN members to:
- Engage them on ongoing campaigns like affordable & livable housing, internet for all, and predatory lending
- Invite members to community meetings and protests
- Motivate them to take on leadership tasks
- 4-5 hour shifts. 2-4 shifts a week.
- $15.75-$16.66 hourly wage range
Qualifications and Skills:
- Have strong social and people skills.
- Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
- Ability to listen in order to identify issues that are affecting our constituency.
- An interest in social and economic justice
- Experience is not necessary to apply.
Hours and Compensation:
- $15.75 to $16.66 hourly wage range
- Potential for full time community organizing work for successful applicants.
What is ACORN?
ACORN Canada is a non-profit organization made up of more than 160,000 low-and moderate-income member families, in 24 local chapters throughout the country, organized democratically through community organizing.
We are Canada’s largest grassroots community organization for low and moderate income families. We have won many important social justice campaigns around payday lending, tenant issues, disability rights, fair banking – and more!