Montfort Renaissance (MRI) is a francophone organization that provides community-based services in both official languages to improve the health and well-being of our clients. We are very proud of our team who makes a difference in the lives of over 5000 clients per year. Working at MRI means being part of a dynamic, committed and supportive team to give the best to our most vulnerable clients. If you want to make a difference in the community and contribute to our mission, we look forward to hearing from you!
Internal and External posting
(1) Full-time permanent position
Female staff only
The Counsellor – Female Residential Stabilization Program is responsible for providing 24/7 residential support to female clients who are struggling with addictions, are unsafely housed, and are waiting for their admission to addiction treatment services. Services are provided to women that are sober and drug abstinent and who need temporary residential care due to a crisis or poor housing conditions that places them at high risk of relapsing. Crisis intervention and support are given to clients during their residential stay. Specifically, services include initial screening, assessment, monitoring, the formulation and documentation of a comprehensive treatment plan and discharge plan in collaboration with the client and his family. The services are provided in compliance with the Montfort Renaissance’s objectives and standards, and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care standards.
Interested candidates should be able to work day, evening and night shifts including weekends.
· College degree in Social work, Community services or Justice services
· Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminology or related field with an addiction concentration
· Minimum of two (2) year experience in the field of addictions and/or mental health (a combination of both will be preferred)
· Experience in intervention, interviewing and counselling with clients with addictions and/or mental health issues, is mandatory
· Demonstrated knowledge of counseling techniques, approaches, and interventions currently used in the field of addictions and mental health
· Knowledge of stabilization services in order to manage safely physical, mental and emotional needs of clients waiting for their treatment
· Knowledge of Champlain addictions services network in order to assist clients and their family members in accessing appropriate community resources
· Excellent oral and written communication in both French and English, at a superior level
· Effective client-centered communication
· Flexibility and approach based on clients’ needs
· Current certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), motivational interviewing and CPR/First Aid is an asset
· Proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 is required
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU :
· Compensation between $25.88/h and $28.90/h
· HOOPP pension plan and continuing education opportunities
· Be part of a multidisciplinary and dynamic team of experienced addictions and mental health professionals within a growing organization
· Free Parking
· Percentage of salary in lieu of benefits
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants. Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to confirm the receipt or respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Montfort Renaissance, we are committed to fostering a healthy and accessible workplace. We therefore adhere to the principle of adaptation in the workplace. If at any stage in the selection process you require special accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
MRI subscribes to the principles of employment equity in the workplace.